Concord Area Transit is taking precautions to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in an effort to keep our riders in a clean and safe environment as they travel.
Our enhanced safety measures include:
- We’ve suspended the donation or fare to avoid money/tickets changing hands.
- Drivers have increased the frequency of their routine cleanings of all frequently touched surfaces such as handrails, seats including the top of the seats and the fare box.
- We’ve installed a safety barrier between the driver and riders
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed on all buses
- Masks are available upon request.
- All bus shelters were power-washed and disinfected.
As a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular
- CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, especially in areas of significant community-based transmission. Cloth face coverings may prevent people who don’t know they have the virus from transmitting it to others. These face coverings are not surgical masks or respirators and are not appropriate substitutes for them in workplaces where masks or respirators are recommended or required.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Most importantly, if you’re not feeling well, call your medical provider for guidance.